- Knowledge System that Captures and Leverages and Organization's Expertise, yet2.com TechPak on the project.
- 3,000 CoPs at Caterpillar Worldwide, summary of the T+D article below with some graphics and additional opinion.
- Virtual Communities at Caterpillar Foster Knowledge Sharing, by Vicki Powers in T+D Magazine, v58, n6, p40-45 (purchase).
- Collaboration and beyond, KM Magazine, Jan 2004, v7, n5 (subscribers only).
- Motivation and Barriers to Participation in Virtual Knowledge-Sharing Communities of Practice (pdf), by Alexander Ardichvili, Vaughn Page and Tim Wentling of UIUC, presented at the OKLC 2002 Conference.
- Reed Stuedemann has a chapter in Knowledge Management Lessons Learned: What Works and What Doesn't (ASIS Monograph Series), Michael Koenig, et. al., 2004.
- This work has been presented at a number of conferences, based on the number of conference proceedings that turn up on a Google search (Braintrust, KMWorld, etc). It also appears in a 2004 report on CoP's from the Ark Group, Communities of Practice: Lessons from Leading Collaborative Enterprises.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Additional Caterpillar links
In writing my review of Reed Stuedemann's talk, I came across a number of additional articles and other references to this project, listed below. The Yet2.com link provides some graphics and screen shots for those who missed part of the presentation.
Posted by jackvinson at 11:25 AM