- Knowledge System that Captures and Leverages and Organization's Expertise, yet2.com TechPak on the project.
- 3,000 CoPs at Caterpillar Worldwide, summary of the T+D article below with some graphics and additional opinion.
- Virtual Communities at Caterpillar Foster Knowledge Sharing, by Vicki Powers in T+D Magazine, v58, n6, p40-45 (purchase).
- Collaboration and beyond, KM Magazine, Jan 2004, v7, n5 (subscribers only).
- Motivation and Barriers to Participation in Virtual Knowledge-Sharing Communities of Practice (pdf), by Alexander Ardichvili, Vaughn Page and Tim Wentling of UIUC, presented at the OKLC 2002 Conference.
- Reed Stuedemann has a chapter in Knowledge Management Lessons Learned: What Works and What Doesn't (ASIS Monograph Series), Michael Koenig, et. al., 2004.
- This work has been presented at a number of conferences, based on the number of conference proceedings that turn up on a Google search (Braintrust, KMWorld, etc). It also appears in a 2004 report on CoP's from the Ark Group, Communities of Practice: Lessons from Leading Collaborative Enterprises.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Additional Caterpillar links
In writing my review of Reed Stuedemann's talk, I came across a number of additional articles and other references to this project, listed below. The Yet2.com link provides some graphics and screen shots for those who missed part of the presentation.