Tuesday, February 8
5 - 7PM
VP, Business Development
Rick Klau will discuss the market opportunity for social software, the reasons for its growth, and the benefits afforded organizations who embrace it. Socialtext was the first company to offer a commercial wiki product, and has expanded its enterprise social software application to include weblogs, RSS support, and integration points to IM applications as well as newer collaboration tools like Skype.
Prior to Socialtext, Rick was the VP, Vertical Markets for Interface Software, an Oak Brook-based CRM software company focused on the professional services market. A noted author and speaker on KM and technology strategy, Rick maintains a weblog focused on these (and other) issues at www.rklau.com/tins/.
Rick will be speaking downtown. To attend remotely,
Audio Information: 877-393-3363,PIN19494780
At the time of the meeting, click on the following link to attend.
Tuesday, March 8
Jonathan Sapir (will be presenting in Northbrook)
Biography: Jonathan Sapir
Jonathan has almost 30 years experience building business systems for a wide range of companies across a diverse range of industries. He spent many years with IBM South Africa, where he received numerous awards for technical innovation related to the APL programming language, one of the very first non-technical development tools. In 1993, he started his own Chicago-based software development and consulting company, InfoPower Systems, Inc., which he continues to run today.
Over the last two years, Jonathan has been highly focused on creating a new paradigm for business software development. His work in this area led to the publication of a book (Igniting the Phoenix: A New Vision for IT), as well as the development of a product based on the ideas in the book, SnapXT. Jonathan has also authored and been quoted in numerous articles on this and other key IT-related subjects.
Presentation: Technology trends and their impact on knowledge management
· Web services and SOA: Packaging knowledge as a service
· Social software: Dynamically building knowledge trails
· Business processes: Integrating just-in-time knowledge for exception handling
Locations for both meetings:
1. Allstate Insurance Co., 3075 Sanders Road, Northbrook, IL. Directions: Use the main entrance on 3075 Sanders Rd., Northbrook. Follow signs for G Building Visitor Parking. Get into the G building through the main entrance and tell the receptionist/security guard you came to attend the KMPro meeting. The meeting is taking place in the G Auditorium, directly behind the reception desk. If you have questions, call Luc Dodinval at 847-667-8144.
2. Factiva, 1 South Wacker Drive, 22nd Floor, Chicago, IL. Directions: Proceed to the 22nd floor, enter the Factiva offices and follow signs to the conference room. If you have questions, call Ann Lee at 312-750-4023.